The best way to treat dental problems is to prevent dental problems.
Did you know your oral health can have a significant impact on your overall health? It’s true. And while brushing (twice!) and flossing daily is an important part of keeping your teeth and mouth in tip top shape, it’s just as necessary that you visit your dentist for a check up and cleaning (twice — a year!). This means the kids too.
Routine visits to Smilez Pediatric Dental Group Loudoun mean you can:
- Ensure your beautiful smile for a lifetime.
- Prevent tooth decay, gum disease and bad breath.
- Save money by avoiding costly and extensive dental procedures.
- Keep your teeth white by reducing staining from food and drinks.
- Shorten the time spent in your dentist’s office.
What happens during a pediatric dental exam?
During a routine dental exam and cleaning, your Aldie pediatric dentist will take the time to thoroughly inspect and examine each patient’s mouth, looking closely for any signs of tooth decay or gum disease. She may want to take X-rays in order to get a better picture of what’s going on beneath the surface.
Next your child’s teeth will be professionally cleaned.
Your friendly neighborhood dental hygienist begins the teeth cleaning process with an exploration of the surfaces of your child’s teeth to look for cavities and to examine the quality of existing fillings. She will then carefully clean his teeth with tools designed to remove any tartar buildup on the teeth, before flossing and finally applying a polishing compound and fluoride.
And then, if all has gone well, you’re done! But there is a possibility Dr. Bhatti or her hygienist may want to talk with you further, to discuss any damage or decay found, and about encourage proper brushing and flossing habits.
There are several benefits of routine dental cleaning and exams, including:
- Preventing tooth decay: Regular dental cleanings help remove plaque and tartar buildup that can lead to tooth decay.
- Early detection of dental problems: Dental exams can help catch dental problems early, before they become more serious and require more invasive treatment.
- Maintaining overall oral health: Routine dental cleanings and exams help maintain good oral hygiene, which is important for overall oral health.
- Preventing gum disease: Regular cleanings can help prevent gum disease, which can cause tooth loss and other health problems.
- Saving money: By catching dental problems early, you may be able to avoid more costly and invasive treatments down the road.
- Improving your smile: Routine cleanings can help remove stains and brighten your teeth, leading to a healthier, more attractive smile.
Overall, routine dental cleanings and exams are an important part of maintaining good oral health and preventing dental problems. It is generally recommended to have a dental exam and cleaning at least once every six months, although your dentist may recommend more frequent visits depending on your individual needs.
Is your child due for a dental check up and cleaning?
Call Smilez Pediatric Dental Group Loudoun to schedule an appointment today.