Welcome to Our Pediatric Dental Practice!
With over 6,300 homes and 25,000 residents South Riding is one of the finest large scale communities located in Loudoun County, Virginia. Our mission at Smilez Pediatric Dental Group of Loudoun is to provide South Riding residents an environment where kids feel comfortable, safe, and excited to learn about their oral health. Going to the dentist doesn’t have to be intimidating—in fact, we’ll prove it can be fun!
We know that dental visits can be overwhelming for children, especially if they’ve had a bad experience in the past. That’s why we’ve designed a state-of-the-art pediatric dental office that’s both comforting and fun for kids of all ages, and we truly believe that each patient is unique. We take the time to develop the perfect treatment plan for each child, treating everyone on a case-by-case basis. Our highly qualified orthodontic and dental team is committed to finding a solution for your child’s specific needs in order to help them achieve a beautiful and healthy smile — all in a warm, friendly environment.
Routine pediatric dental maintenance is extremely important for maintaining good oral health. It includes regular dental check-ups, cleanings, and exams, which help prevent dental problems such as cavities, gum disease, and tooth loss.
Here are some reasons why routine dental maintenance is important for your children:
- Prevents dental problems: Regular dental check-ups and cleanings can prevent dental problems before they start. Dental professionals can spot early signs of gum disease, cavities, and oral cancer, and take steps to prevent these issues from becoming worse.
- Saves money: Routine dental maintenance can save you money in the long run. Preventing dental problems is often less expensive than treating them. For example, a filling is less expensive than a root canal, and a root canal is less expensive than a dental implant.
- Maintains overall health: Oral health is closely linked to overall health. Poor oral health can lead to systemic health problems such as heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. Regular dental maintenance can help prevent these health issues.
- Promotes good oral hygiene habits: Routine dental maintenance helps promote good oral hygiene habits. Dental professionals can provide tips and advice on how to brush and floss properly, which can help maintain good oral health.
Overall, routine pediatric dental maintenance is crucial for maintaining good oral health and preventing dental problems. It’s important to visit a dental professional regularly for check-ups, cleanings, and exams.
It is our mission at Smilez Pediatric Dental Group Loudoun to equip our patients and their parents with an understanding of the importance of routine preventive dental care.
Regular cleanings and checkups should be scheduled twice yearly, so that any damage or decay can be caught, and treated early. Early detection is key to keeping small issues from becoming big problems. Our dental services include:
- Preventative Dental Care Services
- Dental Exams and Cleanings
- Dental Mouthguards For Sports
- Sports Dentistry
- Pediatric Dental Emergencies
- Pediatric Dental Sedation
- Pediatric Dental Care For Your Baby
- Fluoride Treatments for Kids
- Help With Thumb Sucking
Parents should schedule their child’s first dentist appointment by their first birthday. It is important that your child’s new teeth receive dental care right from the beginning to ensure long-term oral health.
Start them early. Encourage your child to brush and floss twice per day with a fluoride toothpaste and a soft bristled toothbrush. This will help remove trapped food particles and plaque from the surface of the teeth, and tongue, and cheeks too. For good oral health, eat well-balanced meals; avoid sugary snacks whenever possible, and choose raw vegetables, cheese, fruit, or plain yogurt instead.
Do Something Fun After the Dentist
We’ll do our best to make your young children feel comfortable before, during, and after an appointment, but you should still reward your kid for successfully completing a trip to the dentist. Going to see a new movie, letting your kid pick out a toy, or going to a fun restaurant are great things you and your child can do after a visit to the dentist. Doing something fun afterward will help kids get through each appointment as well.
If you want to make a dental appointment for your child, contact Smilez Pediatric Dental Group today!